Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Day After

Yesterday was the celebration of the memory, of the day, of my entrance into this world. It was a fun one. Everybody and their next closest three friends came to my party. Let's just put it this way... My dad made 34 cheeseburgers, 20 chicken filets, and 12 pounds of pork tenderloin, all of which were extraordinarily amazing, and gone in under 45 minutes. There was a mass of people there. It was stinking fun. This could possibly be contributed to the fact that I sent a message to everyone in my phone (if you didn't get one, which some people didn't, I apologize for my retarded phone that didn't feel like sending you one.) 

So here's the outline of gifts:
- Nice Wad O' Cash
- Taco Bueno Gift Cards a.k.a. Fastest way to my heart
- Starbucks Gift Cards a.k.a. The only way I will ever, ever, ever go to Starbucks cause it's free
- Wal-mart Gift Cards a.k.a. What should be the New American currency
- $20 7-11 Gift Card a.k.a. 0.5 gallons of gasoline
- On The Border/Chili's/Macaroni Grill Gift Card (I got nothin' for that...)

The best part of the night was when we watched the first of the many genius stories of the combined minds of Sonny Priest and Adam Carter, otherwise known as "Charlie and Bill." This is a claymation adventure of epic proportions that we thought up on a trip in Colorado with our family during Christmas time. I will work on getting it posted as soon as I can so you all can bask in it's bountiful glory. 

Okay, maybe it's not THAT amazing, but it's pretty good for a couple of 10 year olds. I think by far the funniest part of the whole thing was the very end when we were reading the credits. My dad was our cinematographer/camera operator. Sonny and I proceeded in reading our credits off to the camera, both wearing our dad's XXL shirts that engulfed our bodies. The line's were as follows:

"The End. Story by Sonny, Adam, & Cast. Filming done by H.A. Carter the third... have a turd (throw brown wad of play-doh at the lens)."

And Cut. The funny part of it all was the wit of our amazing cinematographer. He told us to go, and we began to speak. While leaving the camera running he waved his hands to get us to start over, as if he hadn't pressed the button yet. So not only did the movie end with us throwing a brown play-doh turd at the camera, but also with us saying "The End" simultaneously four times, each time followed by an awkward pause of us reading my dad's lips confused at why we had to start over, and over again. It was good to see it again.

Thanks to everyone that came! You all, as well as the other people that didn't get to come, mean the world to me.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVED meeting your family, and I LOVE home videos so it was a great night for me!!!!!
I didn't do anyting for my birthday this year :-(
Lets get a group together and go have fun sometime this week!! It can be a Megan/Adam's birthdays/Megan and Luke are engaged extravaganza!

Rayke said...

I'm not gonna lie. I'm in tears right now over not being invited to this epic birthday party.

I see how it is.

Anonymous said...

you got a lot of gift cards.
did you get any real gifts?

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.